Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Super Catch Up Post


First off, very sorry I haven't been posting for such a long time I've just been really busy. It is not because I havent found new stuff, so I will put some up right now. Just a disclaimer, most of these cds are still early in my rotation so I have only listened to most of them like once or twice so I cant really give in depth reviews or anything. Make sure to comment how you like them on the blog and I can do more in depth research and everything finding new stuff.

Sorry there is so much text, but if you don't feel like reading it all, the music I just posted is worth a listen so you can skip to the links if you dont need/want background info.

First off, Imma post an album from a few years back by an artist named Kero One. He is an Asian American from San Francisco and isnt too big for what I know but he has toured internationally and he does have a fanbase. This album is Called Windmills of The Soul and he is currently working on his second album Early Believers. As a producer he uses a lot of jazz type beats and most of his stuff is really mellow, I have really enjoyed the cd so far.
Windmills of the Soul - downlo@d

Next I have an emcee named Bossman from Baltimore. He is pretty much unheard of outside of B'more but I have read that he sold 13,000 copies of his first album Law & Order in the first week only in the local Baltimore area. He didn't have a national release but he has reached over 80,000 sold. I found out about him by following Wale (a different DC/Maryland/Virginia area rapper) on twitter and Bossman is a very impressive emcee. I am going to post one of his mixtapes, and he is currently working on his second studio album as well.
No Law, No Order - downlo@d

3rd is a dope mixtape from Rhymefest out of Chicago. He co-wrote grammy award winning song "Jesus Walks" with Kanye West and has an impressive album out already. He is getting pretty big so I won't give too much bio stuff but he is working on his second album, El Che, and is releasing a couple mixtapes in the process. This is a dedication he made to Michael Jackson, and there is some tight songs on here using Jackson songs and everything.
Man in the Mirror Mixtape - downlo@d

4th, continuation of a post that Raph did a while back on the emcee, Blu. If you don't know Blu, you better catch up cause this is one of the most talented lyricists ever. I am going to post 4 different mixtapes by him but all in the same file. So(ul) Amazing 1 & 2 are amazing. The C.O.R.E. mixtape is some old stuff and HerFavoriteColo(u)r is hte newest one and produced entirely by Blu himself. I have read on the Internet that he has just been signed to a major record label which is a division of WB so congrats to him and I know it won't change him.
Blu Mixtapes - downlo@d

Finally I have a cd compiled and produced by DJ KO. Very impressive guest spots from the likes of Royce da 5'9", Elzhi, Supastition, Wordsworth, Torae, Skyzoo and many more. Hope you guys enjoy it.
Picture this... - downlo@d

I won't take such long breaks anymore, don't worry!

No comments:

Post a Comment