Thursday, June 18, 2009

Magic Music


I've been considering posting a full length french Hip-Hop album for quite some time now. The only thing that was holding me back was that I was unsure as to how many people would actually be interested, as the language barrier can wear tiresome over multiple songs. However I really feel that Hocus Pocus's most recent album Place 54 is an extreme pleasure for any Hip-Hop head. Infused with the influences of American Hip-Hop and Jazz by way of French Pop and a splash of World music, Hocus Pocus creates a beautiful composition of songs. All Expressing his ideals and opinions on many issues including: the demise of "Pure" Hip-Hop, his Love/Hate relationship with France, the universality of music, his take on a simple train ride and the influence of tourists in developing countries. He even has a couple english language Hip-Hop features to guarantee your not completely lost. I hope you enjoy this album and I would really love some feedback from non-french speakers.

No comments:

Post a Comment